Friday, October 18, 2013

Ada Lovelace Day 2013...

So it seems that this was the fourth year that the interwebs celebrated Ada Lovelace's Day. I think this is a good thing and like to join in the celebrations...

Previous years I have posted about Karen Sparck-Jones and Christine Ladd-Franklin.
This year there was a suggestion of going and adding some more women scientists to Wikipedia and I'm planning to do so, as soon as I have a few spare minutes. Soon, very soon.

I  have also  tried to help  Catarina Dutilh Novaes and friends put online a directory of Women in Logic. (Anna Crouch did the boring job of finding the websites of the women already in the list, thanks Anna!)

Go on, friends, add yourselves in!

But meanwhile this year I think I've decided that it's best to celebrate the people that work in my favorite kind of mathematics, Category Theory. So here is Marta Bunge, looking very serious,  in a picture taken by Andrej Bauer.

No comments:

Post a Comment