Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rationality@Stanford

Over the last weekend I was at the

2nd CSLI Workshop on Logic, Rationality and Intelligent Interaction

in Stanford. The program was very diverse and interesting.
I was super happy because CSLI decided to get rid of some of its volumes, so they had a table full of books with a sign "Attendees of the Workshop, please help yourselves". Wow!
Since we have just started our Sunnyvale NLU Research Lab, this was brilliant!

I was also pleasantly surprised by one of the students there starting her talk by saying that  she was glad to see me in the audience, since I had given her her Thesis Project.
And when she talked about it, it was pretty impressive. I had only mentioned the famous Wigner paper,

The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences,

because I thought the philosophy students needed some exciting stuff to keep them motivated...
In any case this was really very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment